Healthy for Me, Unhealthy for Kids  

Posted by health and insurance

As I often do, I’m reviewing expenses with my wife, and we’re considering cancelling our gym membership.

We got it because we not only wanted a good gym to exercise at, but we also wanted affordable child care. (Since we both exercise at the same time, we put our two children in the “Kid’s Club.”)

But there’s a problem. While my wife and I are exercising, our daughter is vegging out in front of a TV for 90 minutes!

The Kid’s Club has videos playing constantly. My son is immune at this point. He just plays on the slide. But my daughter can’t resist watching cartoons. So she gets a whopping 90 minutes of viewing time two or three times a week.

That’s a lot of TV.

This right now is a big factor in our decision. Because while the gym is healthy for us, it’s not healthy for my daughter. Something to think about…

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment